Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale
Pours an opaque dark amber color with a creamy khaki head that is thick at first but thins quickly into a light film. Aroma is full of pumpkin spices and malt. Taste follows the nose at first, with pumpkin and spice and lots of dark malt flavors. Then the sweetness comes in, with a vanilla creaminess that is very lactose in nature. The brandy barrel aging is apparent too, with a candy-like sweetness that really picks up on the back-end. It's slightly boozy, but the 9.5% ABV doesn't overwhelm the complex flavors from the beer. Drinking this beer makes us think that barrel aging might be the key to making a great Pumpkin Beer. This is smooth and creamy with the right amount of pumpkin and spices, making this one of our top choices during Pumpkin Beer season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 50 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Create-A-Potato. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Great Lei Pineapple Colada IPA. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Redhook Sunrye Summer Ale. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to No Pumpkins Here. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 7 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Allagash White. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity