Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale
Pours an opaque dark amber color with a creamy khaki head that is thick at first but thins quickly into a light film. Aroma is full of pumpkin spices and malt. Taste follows the nose at first, with pumpkin and spice and lots of dark malt flavors. Then the sweetness comes in, with a vanilla creaminess that is very lactose in nature. The brandy barrel aging is apparent too, with a candy-like sweetness that really picks up on the back-end. It's slightly boozy, but the 9.5% ABV doesn't overwhelm the complex flavors from the beer. Drinking this beer makes us think that barrel aging might be the key to making a great Pumpkin Beer. This is smooth and creamy with the right amount of pumpkin and spices, making this one of our top choices during Pumpkin Beer season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Cast Out IPA. 38 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Steal This Can. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Unpresidential IPA. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Spaten Pils. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Raspberry AF. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity