Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale
Pours an opaque dark amber color with a creamy khaki head that is thick at first but thins quickly into a light film. Aroma is full of pumpkin spices and malt. Taste follows the nose at first, with pumpkin and spice and lots of dark malt flavors. Then the sweetness comes in, with a vanilla creaminess that is very lactose in nature. The brandy barrel aging is apparent too, with a candy-like sweetness that really picks up on the back-end. It's slightly boozy, but the 9.5% ABV doesn't overwhelm the complex flavors from the beer. Drinking this beer makes us think that barrel aging might be the key to making a great Pumpkin Beer. This is smooth and creamy with the right amount of pumpkin and spices, making this one of our top choices during Pumpkin Beer season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson listened to The Haze Craze of the IPA. 8 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Lorenzo the Beer Cat. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Just Outstanding IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Amalgamator. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Critical Band. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hop 2 It (Idaho Gem). 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity