Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale
Pours an opaque dark amber color with a creamy khaki head that is thick at first but thins quickly into a light film. Aroma is full of pumpkin spices and malt. Taste follows the nose at first, with pumpkin and spice and lots of dark malt flavors. Then the sweetness comes in, with a vanilla creaminess that is very lactose in nature. The brandy barrel aging is apparent too, with a candy-like sweetness that really picks up on the back-end. It’s slightly boozy, but the 9.5% ABV doesn’t overwhelm the complex flavors from the beer. Drinking this beer makes us think that barrel aging might be the key to making a great Pumpkin Beer. This is smooth and creamy with the right amount of pumpkin and spices, making this one of our top choices during Pumpkin Beer season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Victory Festbier. 4 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Decadent Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Seafarer Kölsch. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Beaver State Brews. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Crusher. 6 hours ago
- dheliker and 1 other commented on beer AW-JEFF IT!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity