Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale
Pours an opaque dark amber color with a creamy khaki head that is thick at first but thins quickly into a light film. Aroma is full of pumpkin spices and malt. Taste follows the nose at first, with pumpkin and spice and lots of dark malt flavors. Then the sweetness comes in, with a vanilla creaminess that is very lactose in nature. The brandy barrel aging is apparent too, with a candy-like sweetness that really picks up on the back-end. It’s slightly boozy, but the 9.5% ABV doesn’t overwhelm the complex flavors from the beer. Drinking this beer makes us think that barrel aging might be the key to making a great Pumpkin Beer. This is smooth and creamy with the right amount of pumpkin and spices, making this one of our top choices during Pumpkin Beer season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- dheliker listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Japanese Green Tea IPA. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Dirty Old Man Imperial Rye Porter. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to On the Boulevard. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to San Diego Part 2. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Thousands of Money. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity