Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale
Pours an opaque dark amber color with a creamy khaki head that is thick at first but thins quickly into a light film. Aroma is full of pumpkin spices and malt. Taste follows the nose at first, with pumpkin and spice and lots of dark malt flavors. Then the sweetness comes in, with a vanilla creaminess that is very lactose in nature. The brandy barrel aging is apparent too, with a candy-like sweetness that really picks up on the back-end. It's slightly boozy, but the 9.5% ABV doesn't overwhelm the complex flavors from the beer. Drinking this beer makes us think that barrel aging might be the key to making a great Pumpkin Beer. This is smooth and creamy with the right amount of pumpkin and spices, making this one of our top choices during Pumpkin Beer season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 24 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Tap It IPA. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA. 5 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Happy New Beer!. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity