Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale
Pours an opaque dark amber color with a creamy khaki head that is thick at first but thins quickly into a light film. Aroma is full of pumpkin spices and malt. Taste follows the nose at first, with pumpkin and spice and lots of dark malt flavors. Then the sweetness comes in, with a vanilla creaminess that is very lactose in nature. The brandy barrel aging is apparent too, with a candy-like sweetness that really picks up on the back-end. It’s slightly boozy, but the 9.5% ABV doesn’t overwhelm the complex flavors from the beer. Drinking this beer makes us think that barrel aging might be the key to making a great Pumpkin Beer. This is smooth and creamy with the right amount of pumpkin and spices, making this one of our top choices during Pumpkin Beer season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 58 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Firestone Bravo 2017. 2 hours ago
- beavwarius added a rating for Capital Brewery Oktoberfest. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Mogli. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pacific Gem Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for La Résistance Sour Ale. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Mongo Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Stone Mocha IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity