Big Sur Double IPA
Big Sur Double IPA pours a clear, golden amber color. Lots of ascending bubbles support a substantial, white foamy head. Aroma is fairly mild, which is misleading for how much flavor the beer has once you take a sip. Taste is super hoppy but balanced with plenty of malt. Hops are strong, with an in-your-face bitterness that DIPA lovers tend to enjoy. Very dank, with peach flavors being most noticeable, but also resinous pine and tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is chewy and sticky, with some serious mouth coating. Some malty sweetness on the finish. Medium to full body. The 9.6% isn’t boozy, but this is one where the alcohol sneaks up on you. It’s a big, bold DIPA and one that we’re happy to get our hands on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Hop Whoopin'. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Bottom Cutter Imperial IPA. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Beaver State Brews. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Mosaic Promise. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Founders. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Homo Erectus. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity