Big Sur Double IPA
Big Sur Double IPA pours a clear, golden amber color. Lots of ascending bubbles support a substantial, white foamy head. Aroma is fairly mild, which is misleading for how much flavor the beer has once you take a sip. Taste is super hoppy but balanced with plenty of malt. Hops are strong, with an in-your-face bitterness that DIPA lovers tend to enjoy. Very dank, with peach flavors being most noticeable, but also resinous pine and tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is chewy and sticky, with some serious mouth coating. Some malty sweetness on the finish. Medium to full body. The 9.6% isn't boozy, but this is one where the alcohol sneaks up on you. It's a big, bold DIPA and one that we're happy to get our hands on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Wolf Child Double IPA. 19 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Snowdrift Vanilla Porter. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Shower Beer (Champion Brewing Company). 2 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Deja Stout. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sparkle Muffin. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Rebel Rider Session IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity