Big Sur Double IPA
Big Sur Double IPA pours a clear, golden amber color. Lots of ascending bubbles support a substantial, white foamy head. Aroma is fairly mild, which is misleading for how much flavor the beer has once you take a sip. Taste is super hoppy but balanced with plenty of malt. Hops are strong, with an in-your-face bitterness that DIPA lovers tend to enjoy. Very dank, with peach flavors being most noticeable, but also resinous pine and tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is chewy and sticky, with some serious mouth coating. Some malty sweetness on the finish. Medium to full body. The 9.6% isn't boozy, but this is one where the alcohol sneaks up on you. It's a big, bold DIPA and one that we're happy to get our hands on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Daycation IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Canebrake. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Anchor Liberty Ale. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Allagash Tripel Ale. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Karate Chimp. 7 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for MadeWest Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity