Big Sur Double IPA
Big Sur Double IPA pours a clear, golden amber color. Lots of ascending bubbles support a substantial, white foamy head. Aroma is fairly mild, which is misleading for how much flavor the beer has once you take a sip. Taste is super hoppy but balanced with plenty of malt. Hops are strong, with an in-your-face bitterness that DIPA lovers tend to enjoy. Very dank, with peach flavors being most noticeable, but also resinous pine and tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is chewy and sticky, with some serious mouth coating. Some malty sweetness on the finish. Medium to full body. The 9.6% isn't boozy, but this is one where the alcohol sneaks up on you. It's a big, bold DIPA and one that we're happy to get our hands on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for ChocoLatte. 15 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Shploing!!. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other added a rating for Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 2 hours ago
- budman1 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Inclined IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity