Big Sur Double IPA
Big Sur Double IPA pours a clear, golden amber color. Lots of ascending bubbles support a substantial, white foamy head. Aroma is fairly mild, which is misleading for how much flavor the beer has once you take a sip. Taste is super hoppy but balanced with plenty of malt. Hops are strong, with an in-your-face bitterness that DIPA lovers tend to enjoy. Very dank, with peach flavors being most noticeable, but also resinous pine and tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is chewy and sticky, with some serious mouth coating. Some malty sweetness on the finish. Medium to full body. The 9.6% isn’t boozy, but this is one where the alcohol sneaks up on you. It’s a big, bold DIPA and one that we’re happy to get our hands on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Crush Cucumber Sour. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 5 Hop Black IPA. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other added a rating for Rogue American Amber Ale. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Jai Alai. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Canebrake. 5 hours ago
- rdgrodgers commented on beer Vanilla Infused Porter. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Funky Gold Simcoe. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity