Big Sur Double IPA
Big Sur Double IPA pours a clear, golden amber color. Lots of ascending bubbles support a substantial, white foamy head. Aroma is fairly mild, which is misleading for how much flavor the beer has once you take a sip. Taste is super hoppy but balanced with plenty of malt. Hops are strong, with an in-your-face bitterness that DIPA lovers tend to enjoy. Very dank, with peach flavors being most noticeable, but also resinous pine and tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is chewy and sticky, with some serious mouth coating. Some malty sweetness on the finish. Medium to full body. The 9.6% isn’t boozy, but this is one where the alcohol sneaks up on you. It’s a big, bold DIPA and one that we’re happy to get our hands on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium + Ben & Jerry's). 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Berry the Hatchet. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Clear AF IPA. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to L.A. Beers. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for 11 Pipers Piping. 7 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity