Beard Tax pours a dark brown color with about one finger of head comprised of tiny, khaki colored bubbles. Lots of lacing on the glass and the head recedes to a light film. Smells intense and rich. Taste is bold with a smoky, roasted malt flavor. Notes of leather and tobacco (specifically cigar flavors). Next up is bittersweet chocolate, coffee grounds, earthy hops, and just a very slight sweetness. Light carbonation but still full bodied, with a chewy mouthfeel. Finish has big, kick-you-in-the-face hop bitterness. A fantastic Russian Imperial Stout from Indianapolis.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for La Morena. 10 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Puesta del Sol. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to IPAs East and West. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Focal Banger. 4 hours ago
- Evenrude and 1 other added a rating for Love Hazy IPA. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Blazing World. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity