In 2013 this beer was made, and we've had it cellared ever since. Given our vertical tasting, we make a lot of comparisons to the 2015 version, and this is fairly similar which speaks to the quality and consistency, but there are some subtle differences. Color is light brown, dark amber with a foamy, tan colored head. Aroma is a little more muted than the never versions of this beer, which makes sense given the age. Some sweetness but it's milder. And despite the cherry additions, the fruit flavors seem more diverse as we also get some other dark fruits like fig and plum. The taste has a bit of funk to it, not in a sour or farmhouse way, but just that it's been aging for awhile. Hops are a little more faded as well, but there's nice balance. This is not too old and not too young, and 4-5 years might be the right amount of aging for a beer like this.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 18 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity