In 2013 this beer was made, and we've had it cellared ever since. Given our vertical tasting, we make a lot of comparisons to the 2015 version, and this is fairly similar which speaks to the quality and consistency, but there are some subtle differences. Color is light brown, dark amber with a foamy, tan colored head. Aroma is a little more muted than the never versions of this beer, which makes sense given the age. Some sweetness but it's milder. And despite the cherry additions, the fruit flavors seem more diverse as we also get some other dark fruits like fig and plum. The taste has a bit of funk to it, not in a sour or farmhouse way, but just that it's been aging for awhile. Hops are a little more faded as well, but there's nice balance. This is not too old and not too young, and 4-5 years might be the right amount of aging for a beer like this.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 6 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 47 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Identity Crisis. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hang 'em High. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Birra Moretti La Rossa. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Seattle Show. 4 hours ago
- Alexa and 1 other added a rating for Rooster's Cream Ale. 5 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity