Batch #2 of The Experiment, pours a beautiful reddish, dark purple color. Very thin, fizzy, effervescent head. Intense aroma with lots of oak, funk, and blueberry. Taste is not too tart or sour, as this is on the lighter side in that regard. Anchorage brews this with wild Alaskan blueberries, and those flavors are there, but the fruit is not overwhelming. Light bodied, crisp and sharp in the mouthfeel. Silky smooth in the finish. Some sour beers can be very acidic, but the barrel aging here has really smoothed things out with this one. For us, this has the ideal amount of sourness as this is a pleasant, enjoyable beer from start to finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 11 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Jacaranda. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Spectral Evidence. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Fantasy Factory. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Saint Archer IPA. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Brickstone Brewery American Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Two Beers Fresh Hop 2016. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity