Batch #2 of The Experiment, pours a beautiful reddish, dark purple color. Very thin, fizzy, effervescent head. Intense aroma with lots of oak, funk, and blueberry. Taste is not too tart or sour, as this is on the lighter side in that regard. Anchorage brews this with wild Alaskan blueberries, and those flavors are there, but the fruit is not overwhelming. Light bodied, crisp and sharp in the mouthfeel. Silky smooth in the finish. Some sour beers can be very acidic, but the barrel aging here has really smoothed things out with this one. For us, this has the ideal amount of sourness as this is a pleasant, enjoyable beer from start to finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson listened to Hazy Beer Quartet. 56 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Revision IPA. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Strange Green Beer, Apical Dominance, 4/20 and more!. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Eastbound and Downed. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 and 1 other added a rating for Port 10 Year Anniversary Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity