Batch #2 of The Experiment, pours a beautiful reddish, dark purple color. Very thin, fizzy, effervescent head. Intense aroma with lots of oak, funk, and blueberry. Taste is not too tart or sour, as this is on the lighter side in that regard. Anchorage brews this with wild Alaskan blueberries, and those flavors are there, but the fruit is not overwhelming. Light bodied, crisp and sharp in the mouthfeel. Silky smooth in the finish. Some sour beers can be very acidic, but the barrel aging here has really smoothed things out with this one. For us, this has the ideal amount of sourness as this is a pleasant, enjoyable beer from start to finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Elevation Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for 805. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Winter Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Double Nut Brown Porter. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Boone County Brown. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for LHazy River. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Create-A-Potato. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity