St. Peter's Cream Stout
St. Peter's Cream Stout isn't like the stouts you get from the left side of the pond. It pours dark, nearly black, with minimal cream head that doesn't stick around for the first sip. It smells like roasted malts, maybe a little brown sugar, but all very subtle. Where it differs from American stouts is in its super low carbonation that makes the mouthfeel quite light and very velvety. It's smooth as silk, creamy, and if you close your eyes and imagine a little, you'd nearly think you're drinking chocolate milk. It's pretty chocolatey on the nose, with dark molasses and roasted malt flavors bringing up the rear. A slight bitter finish comes in quite late. Better to drink this one quick, we enjoyed it better cold.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Hop 2 It (Idaho Gem). 6 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 51 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Whale Bay. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Brownie Double Brown Ale. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Chaotic Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Hitachino Nest White Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity