Pours a dark reddish amber color, with two fingers of light khaki colored, creamy head. Tons of lacing is left on the glass as the head recedes. Aroma of dark malt and earthy hops. On the taste, the malts are big, with dark bread flavors of rye and pumpernickel, and also chestnut and hazelnut. But the hops take over, with bits of floral and citrus, but more than anything else, earthy and piney hop flavors. Very balanced, with a medium to full body. Chewy mouthfeel with a good amount of carbonation. This has won a GABF Silver Medal two years in a row, and it is a beer that is perfect for the fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Blind Ambition - Alchemic Ale Series. 26 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for LaGrave. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for No Resolutions. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Rise Up. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Mama's Little Yella Pils. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity