Pours a dark reddish amber color, with two fingers of light khaki colored, creamy head. Tons of lacing is left on the glass as the head recedes. Aroma of dark malt and earthy hops. On the taste, the malts are big, with dark bread flavors of rye and pumpernickel, and also chestnut and hazelnut. But the hops take over, with bits of floral and citrus, but more than anything else, earthy and piney hop flavors. Very balanced, with a medium to full body. Chewy mouthfeel with a good amount of carbonation. This has won a GABF Silver Medal two years in a row, and it is a beer that is perfect for the fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 and 1 other added a rating for Ponto S.I.P.A. (Sessionable India Pale Ale). 5 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Hayburner. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Azacca IPA. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hogwaller Scramble. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Gaffel Kolsch. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bobble Head Red IPA. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Double Pillow. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity