Sanctification pours a slightly hazy straw color with huge amounts of ascending carbonation bubbles. As with a lot of Russian River's sours, the head recedes quickly but leaves you with lacing for the remainder of your glass. The funk in the aroma is right up front, with some green apple and fruity notes. It's light to moderately bodied, and well carbonated. Slightly bitter and very acidic. It has some funk on the flavor, but it's more tart than sour, and crisp green apple really shines through. The remarkable thing about this beer is that it starts out very acidic, but balances with alkaline on the finish. There's almost no aftertaste, and it has an interesting palate cleansing effect we've not experience in many beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for 75 Minute IPA. 6 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Emperor Norton. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Left Eye, Right Eye DIPA. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Layla Blackberry Sour. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Long Table. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Back to Wort!. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for La Fin Du Monde. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Pumpkin Spice Latte (Nitro). 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
St. Paddy's Day Show
Kabru West Coast IPA