Sanctification pours a slightly hazy straw color with huge amounts of ascending carbonation bubbles. As with a lot of Russian River's sours, the head recedes quickly but leaves you with lacing for the remainder of your glass. The funk in the aroma is right up front, with some green apple and fruity notes. It's light to moderately bodied, and well carbonated. Slightly bitter and very acidic. It has some funk on the flavor, but it's more tart than sour, and crisp green apple really shines through. The remarkable thing about this beer is that it starts out very acidic, but balances with alkaline on the finish. There's almost no aftertaste, and it has an interesting palate cleansing effect we've not experience in many beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Brownie Double Brown Ale. 20 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Urumea Donostiako Pale Ale. 54 minutes ago
- plarson listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Latitude 33 Blood Orange IPA. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Everyone Gose Mad. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Starburst IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity