Sanctification pours a slightly hazy straw color with huge amounts of ascending carbonation bubbles. As with a lot of Russian River's sours, the head recedes quickly but leaves you with lacing for the remainder of your glass. The funk in the aroma is right up front, with some green apple and fruity notes. It's light to moderately bodied, and well carbonated. Slightly bitter and very acidic. It has some funk on the flavor, but it's more tart than sour, and crisp green apple really shines through. The remarkable thing about this beer is that it starts out very acidic, but balances with alkaline on the finish. There's almost no aftertaste, and it has an interesting palate cleansing effect we've not experienced in many beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Mastermind. 4 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Senor Saison. 59 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Daycation IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Canebrake. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Anchor Liberty Ale. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Allagash Tripel Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity