Sanctification pours a slightly hazy straw color with huge amounts of ascending carbonation bubbles. As with a lot of Russian River's sours, the head recedes quickly but leaves you with lacing for the remainder of your glass. The funk in the aroma is right up front, with some green apple and fruity notes. It's light to moderately bodied, and well carbonated. Slightly bitter and very acidic. It has some funk on the flavor, but it's more tart than sour, and crisp green apple really shines through. The remarkable thing about this beer is that it starts out very acidic, but balances with alkaline on the finish. There's almost no aftertaste, and it has an interesting palate cleansing effect we've not experience in many beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 54 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning listened to California Grab Bag. 1 hour ago
- mackleminor uploaded a photo for beer Wild Little Thing. 1 hour ago
- mackleminor added a rating for Wild Little Thing. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Billie Cantaloupe Gose. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Big Blue Van. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Old Chub Scotch Ale. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to The Gold Standard. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity