Sanctification pours a slightly hazy straw color with huge amounts of ascending carbonation bubbles. As with a lot of Russian River's sours, the head recedes quickly but leaves you with lacing for the remainder of your glass. The funk in the aroma is right up front, with some green apple and fruity notes. It's light to moderately bodied, and well carbonated. Slightly bitter and very acidic. It has some funk on the flavor, but it's more tart than sour, and crisp green apple really shines through. The remarkable thing about this beer is that it starts out very acidic, but balances with alkaline on the finish. There's almost no aftertaste, and it has an interesting palate cleansing effect we've not experienced in many beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for La Morena. 28 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Hoosier Red. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Aphotic. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for City Wide. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Beaver State Brews. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Capital Brewery Oktoberfest. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity