Sanctification pours a slightly hazy straw color with huge amounts of ascending carbonation bubbles. As with a lot of Russian River's sours, the head recedes quickly but leaves you with lacing for the remainder of your glass. The funk in the aroma is right up front, with some green apple and fruity notes. It's light to moderately bodied, and well carbonated. Slightly bitter and very acidic. It has some funk on the flavor, but it's more tart than sour, and crisp green apple really shines through. The remarkable thing about this beer is that it starts out very acidic, but balances with alkaline on the finish. There's almost no aftertaste, and it has an interesting palate cleansing effect we've not experienced in many beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Consecration. 48 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for The Brother. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 and 1 other listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Don't Call Me Brant IPA. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Guinness Draught Stout. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Seattle Show. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity