Petrus Aged Red pours almost the same color as the bottle with a slight ruby tint and a coarse, thin head that disappears almost immediately. It's very cloudy, with flecks of sediment at the bottom of the glass. The aroma is all cherry with a little yeast. It has a very distinct cherry flavor with hints of blackberry peeking through. On the first sip, black cherry is right up front with a somewhat thick mouthfeel. At 8.5%, it gets a bit syrupy and is quite sweet, like a cherry cola that has lost its soda water. Some would describe it as tart but the sweetness overpowers any tart or funk that's going on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 39 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Big Little Thing. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Magnetic Midnight. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for La Fin Du Monde. 2 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Kabru West Coast IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Last Chance IPA. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity