Komes Raspberry Porter
Color is medium to dark brown with a fairly thin, tan head with little retention and lacing. Aroma of raspberry purée and chocolate. Taste is rich and decadent. Massive raspberry flavors, paired with lesser amounts of dark chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. Roasted malts are the backbone, but there’s a chili pepper spice that hits you in the back of the throat. And there’s also a dessert-like sweetness, like the sweet raspberry sauce that might be served over cheesecake or soufflé. Medium body and nicely carbonated, appropriate for the style. Mouthfeel is velvety and smooth. High quality and enjoyable, this is a complex beer with a lot of really good things going on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Here Gose Nothin'. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lot No. 3 IPA. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for The Orange Curtain. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 and 1 other listened to Stone, Cold. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Round Midnight Belgian White. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Stout at the Devil