This was the "strange brew" on our Ho Ho Holly Jolly Christmas podcast but it's a "strange brew" in name but not in flavor. This is comes to us from Japan and it tastes a lot like a classic Belgian-style dubbel. Color is a reddish brown, copper and you can't really see through it. Firm, off white head with nice lacing. The aroma is really enticing, with yeast and dark fruit being most pronounced. Flavor-wise we get a lot of dark fruit, maybe some raisins and dates, with a bit of malt and yeast that balance things out. The bottle advertises both figs and cinnamon, but both are pretty subtle. Very enjoyable, smooth, and easy to drink; if you like Belgian-style dubbels, this is perfect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Imperial Golden Nugget. 40 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Holy Hermit. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Upslope Pumpkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Ginnepin Saison Ale. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Biere de Mars. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Dark Island. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Zombie Dust. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for 3 Best Friends Coffee Vanilla Lager. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity