This was the "strange brew" on our Ho Ho Holly Jolly Christmas podcast but it's a "strange brew" in name but not in flavor. This is comes to us from Japan and it tastes a lot like a classic Belgian-style dubbel. Color is a reddish brown, copper and you can't really see through it. Firm, off white head with nice lacing. The aroma is really enticing, with yeast and dark fruit being most pronounced. Flavor-wise we get a lot of dark fruit, maybe some raisins and dates, with a bit of malt and yeast that balance things out. The bottle advertises both figs and cinnamon, but both are pretty subtle. Very enjoyable, smooth, and easy to drink; if you like Belgian-style dubbels, this is perfect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Port 10 Year Anniversary Ale. 30 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Fernprost. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Redhook Winterhook. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Vanishing Point Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Tax Holiday. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for No Resolutions. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity