This was the "strange brew" on our Ho Ho Holly Jolly Christmas podcast but it's a "strange brew" in name but not in flavor. This is comes to us from Japan and it tastes a lot like a classic Belgian-style dubbel. Color is a reddish brown, copper and you can't really see through it. Firm, off white head with nice lacing. The aroma is really enticing, with yeast and dark fruit being most pronounced. Flavor-wise we get a lot of dark fruit, maybe some raisins and dates, with a bit of malt and yeast that balance things out. The bottle advertises both figs and cinnamon, but both are pretty subtle. Very enjoyable, smooth, and easy to drink; if you like Belgian-style dubbels, this is perfect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Berry the Hatchet. 24 minutes ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Rampant Imperial IPA. 32 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Franz. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for StereoHopic IPA Vol. 1. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cantrip Kolsch. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity