Golden State of Mind is a translucent golden yellow color with two fingers of fizzy white head and quite a bit of carbonation. The aroma consists of corn and barley malt, flowery herbal tea, and a banana-like Belgian characteristic. For a beer with no hops at all, you would expect the malt profile to be dominant. This is not the case, however. It seems the ingredients they have replaced the hops with do the job of hops: the addition of bitterness and flavor complexity. These flavors consist of camomile tea, orange peel, and banana that are paired with a honey graham cracker sweetness, a mix of flavors that brings a confetti cake-like quality. Overall this is a very interesting beer and certainly a worthwhile experiment.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep listened to Strange Green Beer, Apical Dominance, 4/20 and more!. 33 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Seizoen. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Lagoon. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Elevated Perspective (Version 5). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity