Golden State of Mind is a translucent golden yellow color with two fingers of fizzy white head and quite a bit of carbonation. The aroma consists of corn and barley malt, flowery herbal tea, and a banana-like Belgian characteristic. For a beer with no hops at all, you would expect the malt profile to be dominant. This is not the case, however. It seems the ingredients they have replaced the hops with do the job of hops: the addition of bitterness and flavor complexity. These flavors consist of camomile tea, orange peel, and banana that are paired with a honey graham cracker sweetness, a mix of flavors that brings a confetti cake-like quality. Overall this is a very interesting beer and certainly a worthwhile experiment.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Sippin on Dank. 7 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Levadura. 51 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hang 'em High. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Maduro. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Chasing Nelson. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity