Beautiful appearance that is somewhat cloudy with a reddish, brown color. One half finger of white, soapy head, and it fades quickly but leaves some lacing. Strong aroma of fruit, funk, and oak. The taste is pure cherry, wood, and some Brettanomyces-like funk. Slightly acidic and tart, not quite sour, but somewhere between tart and sour. Lots of oak and wood – the foeder impact seems to increase with each sip. Body is light with an appropriate amount of carbonation. Seems different from most other Russian River beers, yet it has a lot of nice qualities and something cherry lovers should appreciate.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 47 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Jacaranda. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Spectral Evidence. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Fantasy Factory. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Saint Archer IPA. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Brickstone Brewery American Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Two Beers Fresh Hop 2016. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity