Beautiful appearance that is somewhat cloudy with a reddish, brown color. One half finger of white, soapy head, and it fades quickly but leaves some lacing. Strong aroma of fruit, funk, and oak. The taste is pure cherry, wood, and some Brettanomyces-like funk. Slightly acidic and tart, not quite sour, but somewhere between tart and sour. Lots of oak and wood – the foeder impact seems to increase with each sip. Body is light with an appropriate amount of carbonation. Seems different from most other Russian River beers, yet it has a lot of nice qualities and something cherry lovers should appreciate.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 8 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Imperial Golden Nugget. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Holy Hermit. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Upslope Pumpkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Ginnepin Saison Ale. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Biere de Mars. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Dark Island. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Zombie Dust. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity