Color is dark brown with a small finger of tan, creamy head. Strong aroma of dark malt, nuts, and fruit. Taste is really complex. Roasted malt, coffee, and chocolate up front. But there are some noticeable fruit flavors like apple and pear that shifts to more dark fruit like raisin and fig. There's a sweetness on the back end, but also some herbal hops that give just a bit of bitterness. Only 4.6% ABV, but don't let that fool you. It's light bodied but full-flavored. This is a classic Scotch Ale that finishes smooth with a continuation of the rich, malty flavors.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 300. 15 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity