Cerise de Michigan
Cerise de Michigan pours a beautiful peach-like color somewhere between red and orange. The thin head takes the form of a bubbly film on the top of the beer and the moderate aroma is fruit-forward with tart cherry and raspberry notes. The taste is very fruity as well, featuring a blend of cherry, green apple, blueberries, and under-ripe strawberries. It falls mid-range on the sourness scale with quite a bit of mouth-watering tartness balanced by some sugar sweetness in the aftertaste. It is aged in wine barrels and this imparts some oaky characteristics to the flavor. There is also a slight brininess that lends some gose-like salinity. Through all of this, the beer manages to remain refreshing and the 7.5% ABV is not noticeable. This is definitely one to look for from Lake Effect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for HOPSMACK!. 22 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Otra Vez. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Brown Ale. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Feminist. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Cherry Chocolate Stout. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 and 1 other listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity