Cerise de Michigan
Cerise de Michigan pours a beautiful peach-like color somewhere between red and orange. The thin head takes the form of a bubbly film on the top of the beer and the moderate aroma is fruit-forward with tart cherry and raspberry notes. The taste is very fruity as well, featuring a blend of cherry, green apple, blueberries, and under-ripe strawberries. It falls mid-range on the sourness scale with quite a bit of mouth-watering tartness balanced by some sugar sweetness in the aftertaste. It is aged in wine barrels and this imparts some oaky characteristics to the flavor. There is also a slight brininess that lends some gose-like salinity. Through all of this, the beer manages to remain refreshing and the 7.5% ABV is not noticeable. This is definitely one to look for from Lake Effect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Exit 10 Trail Mix. Less than a minute ago.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Grätzer. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Stone Mocha IPA. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Jacaranda. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for El Jeffe American Wheat. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for More is More. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for 11th Anniversary Barleywine. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity