Cerise de Michigan
Cerise de Michigan pours a beautiful peach-like color somewhere between red and orange. The thin head takes the form of a bubbly film on the top of the beer and the moderate aroma is fruit-forward with tart cherry and raspberry notes. The taste is very fruity as well, featuring a blend of cherry, green apple, blueberries, and under-ripe strawberries. It falls mid-range on the sourness scale with quite a bit of mouth-watering tartness balanced by some sugar sweetness in the aftertaste. It is aged in wine barrels and this imparts some oaky characteristics to the flavor. There is also a slight brininess that lends some gose-like salinity. Through all of this, the beer manages to remain refreshing and the 7.5% ABV is not noticeable. This is definitely one to look for from Lake Effect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Deal with the Devil. 5 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for ChocoLatte. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Shploing!!. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other added a rating for Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity