Cerise de Michigan
Cerise de Michigan pours a beautiful peach-like color somewhere between red and orange. The thin head takes the form of a bubbly film on the top of the beer and the moderate aroma is fruit-forward with tart cherry and raspberry notes. The taste is very fruity as well, featuring a blend of cherry, green apple, blueberries, and under-ripe strawberries. It falls mid-range on the sourness scale with quite a bit of mouth-watering tartness balanced by some sugar sweetness in the aftertaste. It is aged in wine barrels and this imparts some oaky characteristics to the flavor. There is also a slight brininess that lends some gose-like salinity. Through all of this, the beer manages to remain refreshing and the 7.5% ABV is not noticeable. This is definitely one to look for from Lake Effect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Atticus IPA. 50 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 listened to It's a Trappist!. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Cerasus Magnifera. 3 hours ago
- lposada listened to Christmas Special. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Root Bound. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Partying Past Burning Bridges. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Indian Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity