Cerise de Michigan
Cerise de Michigan pours a beautiful peach-like color somewhere between red and orange. The thin head takes the form of a bubbly film on the top of the beer and the moderate aroma is fruit-forward with tart cherry and raspberry notes. The taste is very fruity as well, featuring a blend of cherry, green apple, blueberries, and under-ripe strawberries. It falls mid-range on the sourness scale with quite a bit of mouth-watering tartness balanced by some sugar sweetness in the aftertaste. It is aged in wine barrels and this imparts some oaky characteristics to the flavor. There is also a slight brininess that lends some gose-like salinity. Through all of this, the beer manages to remain refreshing and the 7.5% ABV is not noticeable. This is definitely one to look for from Lake Effect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Pepper & Peaches. 38 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Focal Banger. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Field 41 Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Last Chance IPA. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Peanut Butter Latte. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Blueberry Boyfriend. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for La Terrible. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity