Aurora pours a reddish, light copper color with a frothy off-white head. The head is pretty thin for an IPA, but has good retention. Rye in the aroma which carries over into the taste. Rye, brown bread, as well as some nutty malt flavors, perhaps hazelnut? Hops are earthy and piney, but we also find some unexpected tropical fruitiness. The rye is still pretty prominent, with a black pepper spice. But there’s some slight caramel sweetness that balances with the spice. Finish is long and semi-bitter. Medium to full body, this is a complex and tasty Rye IPA to enjoy during this fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Half Hitch. 39 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Vanilla Oatis. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Vunderbar Pilsner. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Sip of Sunshine. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Sactown Brews. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Highland Oatmeal Porter. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Winter is Here. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity