Aurora pours a reddish, light copper color with a frothy off-white head. The head is pretty thin for an IPA, but has good retention. Rye in the aroma which carries over into the taste. Rye, brown bread, as well as some nutty malt flavors, perhaps hazelnut? Hops are earthy and piney, but we also find some unexpected tropical fruitiness. The rye is still pretty prominent, with a black pepper spice. But there's some slight caramel sweetness that balances with the spice. Finish is long and semi-bitter. Medium to full body, this is a complex and tasty Rye IPA to enjoy during this fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 listened to Sactown Brews. 4 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Fulton Barrel Aged Proper Porter. 1 hour ago
- Wildflowers4u commented on beer Two Hearted Ale. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Redemption. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Beer V. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for King Sue. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to It's a Trappist!. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Orange Blossom Blonde Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity