Aurora pours a reddish, light copper color with a frothy off-white head. The head is pretty thin for an IPA, but has good retention. Rye in the aroma which carries over into the taste. Rye, brown bread, as well as some nutty malt flavors, perhaps hazelnut? Hops are earthy and piney, but we also find some unexpected tropical fruitiness. The rye is still pretty prominent, with a black pepper spice. But there's some slight caramel sweetness that balances with the spice. Finish is long and semi-bitter. Medium to full body, this is a complex and tasty Rye IPA to enjoy during this fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Celebration Ale (2018). 37 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Blueberry Boyfriend. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Peanut Butter Latte. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lifted Embargo IPA. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to It's a Trappist!. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Blue Love. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Reuben's Mosaic Crush. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Hop Whore Imperial IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity