Aurora pours a reddish, light copper color with a frothy off-white head. The head is pretty thin for an IPA, but has good retention. Rye in the aroma which carries over into the taste. Rye, brown bread, as well as some nutty malt flavors, perhaps hazelnut? Hops are earthy and piney, but we also find some unexpected tropical fruitiness. The rye is still pretty prominent, with a black pepper spice. But there's some slight caramel sweetness that balances with the spice. Finish is long and semi-bitter. Medium to full body, this is a complex and tasty Rye IPA to enjoy during this fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Porter. 38 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Equinox Ale. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Two Hearted Ale. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Patterns Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Olympia Beer. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Benchmark Brewing Co. IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity