Aurora pours a reddish, light copper color with a frothy off-white head. The head is pretty thin for an IPA, but has good retention. Rye in the aroma which carries over into the taste. Rye, brown bread, as well as some nutty malt flavors, perhaps hazelnut? Hops are earthy and piney, but we also find some unexpected tropical fruitiness. The rye is still pretty prominent, with a black pepper spice. But there's some slight caramel sweetness that balances with the spice. Finish is long and semi-bitter. Medium to full body, this is a complex and tasty Rye IPA to enjoy during this fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Mount Kenya IPA. 36 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Benny and the Bretts Vol. 1. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Reuben's Brews Gose. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bakery: Coconut Macaroons. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to It's a Trappist!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity