Aurora pours a reddish, light copper color with a frothy off-white head. The head is pretty thin for an IPA, but has good retention. Rye in the aroma which carries over into the taste. Rye, brown bread, as well as some nutty malt flavors, perhaps hazelnut? Hops are earthy and piney, but we also find some unexpected tropical fruitiness. The rye is still pretty prominent, with a black pepper spice. But there's some slight caramel sweetness that balances with the spice. Finish is long and semi-bitter. Medium to full body, this is a complex and tasty Rye IPA to enjoy during this fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 33 minutes ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer 4th of Juicy. 37 minutes ago
- dheliker added a rating for 4th of Juicy. 40 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Windows Up. 1 hour ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Cloud Surfer. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Corona Premier. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star: Coffee Edition (2017). 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity