Aurora pours a reddish, light copper color with a frothy off-white head. The head is pretty thin for an IPA, but has good retention. Rye in the aroma which carries over into the taste. Rye, brown bread, as well as some nutty malt flavors, perhaps hazelnut? Hops are earthy and piney, but we also find some unexpected tropical fruitiness. The rye is still pretty prominent, with a black pepper spice. But there's some slight caramel sweetness that balances with the spice. Finish is long and semi-bitter. Medium to full body, this is a complex and tasty Rye IPA to enjoy during this fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Le Petit Diablotin. 17 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Speed of Sound. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Le Merle. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Not Your BRO, DAWG. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Hard Body Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for PranQster. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Panther. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity