Aurora pours a reddish, light copper color with a frothy off-white head. The head is pretty thin for an IPA, but has good retention. Rye in the aroma which carries over into the taste. Rye, brown bread, as well as some nutty malt flavors, perhaps hazelnut? Hops are earthy and piney, but we also find some unexpected tropical fruitiness. The rye is still pretty prominent, with a black pepper spice. But there’s some slight caramel sweetness that balances with the spice. Finish is long and semi-bitter. Medium to full body, this is a complex and tasty Rye IPA to enjoy during this fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Hop Whore Imperial IPA. 4 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Seafarer Kölsch. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Three-Eyed Raven. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Alligator. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Thousands of Money. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged). 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity