Aurora pours a reddish, light copper color with a frothy off-white head. The head is pretty thin for an IPA, but has good retention. Rye in the aroma which carries over into the taste. Rye, brown bread, as well as some nutty malt flavors, perhaps hazelnut? Hops are earthy and piney, but we also find some unexpected tropical fruitiness. The rye is still pretty prominent, with a black pepper spice. But there's some slight caramel sweetness that balances with the spice. Finish is long and semi-bitter. Medium to full body, this is a complex and tasty Rye IPA to enjoy during this fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 15 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Dream Yard. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hop Ottin' IPA. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Identity Crisis. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for CHP - Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Pacific Kölsch Highway. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity