Winter Double IPA from Kern River Brewing is a very good double IPA that would be good any time of year. It pours a copper, slightly orange color with a white head and a creamy mouthfeel throughout. The aroma is sweet and smooth with a little of the bready malts coming through. The hops come through on the flavor with tons of piney and floral hops followed by a sweet maltiness and a touch of booze in the aftertaste. There is also a refreshing bitterness in the aftertaste with some grapefruit and lemon flavors. With 'winter' in the title, you might expect more spices, but this tones that down and instead delivers a more classic West Coast Double IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Pterodactyl. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for More Dark Lager. 1 hour ago
- Alexa listened to L.A. Beers. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for American Cheat Codes. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Lustro. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 7 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity