Winter Double IPA from Kern River Brewing is a very good double IPA that would be good any time of year. It pours a copper, slightly orange color with a white head and a creamy mouthfeel throughout. The aroma is sweet and smooth with a little of the bready malts coming through. The hops come through on the flavor with tons of piney and floral hops followed by a sweet maltiness and a touch of booze in the aftertaste. There is also a refreshing bitterness in the aftertaste with some grapefruit and lemon flavors. With 'winter' in the title, you might expect more spices, but this tones that down and instead delivers a more classic West Coast Double IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sweet Baby Jesus. 32 minutes ago
- IPAman listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lips of Faith - Le Terroir (2015). 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Sactown Brews Revisited. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Weapon of Mass Seduction. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to LA LA Land. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity