Winter Double IPA from Kern River Brewing is a very good double IPA that would be good any time of year. It pours a copper, slightly orange color with a white head and a creamy mouthfeel throughout. The aroma is sweet and smooth with a little of the bready malts coming through. The hops come through on the flavor with tons of piney and floral hops followed by a sweet maltiness and a touch of booze in the aftertaste. There is also a refreshing bitterness in the aftertaste with some grapefruit and lemon flavors. With 'winter' in the title, you might expect more spices, but this tones that down and instead delivers a more classic West Coast Double IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Beer From Here: INW Lager. 18 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 44 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity