Appearance is dark brown in color, with one finger of tan, creamy head. Malt-forward aroma with both dark chocolate and coffee. The taste delivers bold flavors of espresso, dark chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. The espresso flavors are robust, and there’s a touch of underlying caramel sweetness. But it’s not really sweet, which we appreciate. Maybe some vanilla or cream in in the mouthfeel. Earthy and piney hops, but this is all about the malts, with dark bread like rye or pumpernickel throughout. The 10% abv is manageable for such a rich beer. Coffee flavors accumulate with each sip, with a long, slightly bitter, enjoyable finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 10 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Accumulated Knowledge. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Green Coyote Tomatillo Sour. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Lava Smoked Imperial Porter. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Fruit and Milk. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity