The 2020 Oktoberfest pours a dark gold, nearly pale amber color. It’s crystal clear with a thin, half a finger of off-white head that disappears quickly. On the nose, we get a fair amount of both hops and malts, and it’s more aromatic than most of the German fest beers. Taste has proper balance with light caramel malt and herbal hops. We enjoy the hop bitterness on the back end that cuts any significant sweetness. And this has the signature malt profile that clearly defines it as a Sierra Nevada beer. In previous years, Sierra Nevada has partnered with different German breweries and it seems like they didn’t do that this year, perhaps because of limitations due to COVID. Nevertheless, it’s a solid Oktoberfest offering and one to pick up every year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 10. 10 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Odell IPA. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Unfiltered Sculpin. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to It's a Trappist!. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for The Sister. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Avery Twenty Three Anniversary. 6 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity