The 2020 Oktoberfest pours a dark gold, nearly pale amber color. It’s crystal clear with a thin, half a finger of off-white head that disappears quickly. On the nose, we get a fair amount of both hops and malts, and it’s more aromatic than most of the German fest beers. Taste has proper balance with light caramel malt and herbal hops. We enjoy the hop bitterness on the back end that cuts any significant sweetness. And this has the signature malt profile that clearly defines it as a Sierra Nevada beer. In previous years, Sierra Nevada has partnered with different German breweries and it seems like they didn’t do that this year, perhaps because of limitations due to COVID. Nevertheless, it’s a solid Oktoberfest offering and one to pick up every year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Inclined IPA. 21 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale