Scottsdale Blonde pours a golden yellow color, very transparent, with two fingers of thick white head that dissipates down to a thin layer after a few minutes. A steady stream of small identical bubbles flow from bottom to top in even distribution. The aroma smells fresh, like a field of wheat, with almost imperceptible hint of lemon zest. The taste is incredibly well balanced, a cornbread-like malt base with a tangerine citrus fruitiness on top. It counterbalances with a little lemon sourness and a mild hop spice to temper the sweetness. The result is a beer that is both slightly sweet and dry, all the time remaining reserved in all aspects. This is an excellent American take on a style almost as old as beer itself.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 33 minutes ago
- jbcurtis listened to Christmas Show 2018. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Machine House Golden Ale. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Pacific Northwest. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Lily Ale. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Murphy's Irish Stout. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Samuel Adams Honey Queen. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Galactica IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity