Stony Brook Red is stone cold delicious. It pours a reddish brown/mahogany color with a medium cream colored head. The aroma is a tart cherry with a little funk but mostly tangy. It's got a medium mouthfeel and good carbonation but where it surprises most is in the complexity of the first few seconds when you sip. It's definitely a cherry-ish tart, with considerable oaky notes peeking through. It's sour, but restrained. There's a sweetness that's balanced well by the tart dryness of a red wine. It's complex with dried fruit, wine, oak, slight funk and a hidden malty caramel that peeks through at the last second. For a sour beer, it's super refreshing and very drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 6 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity