If you're looking for a good American crack at the Belgian Style, New World is one you should try. It pours a slightly hazy, nice amberish orange with thick, white head. Little champagne-like bubbles navigate their way to the surface. The aroma is your standard issue Belgian - bready and yeasty, fruity notes, and some spice. Up front and immediately, it's sweet. But the alcohol cuts through and delivers some wonderful spicy nutmeg and coriander, some fruity mango and slight citrus and the ubiquitous Belgian biscuit yeast. It's a little boozy and syrupy but it works to deliver the flavors to your palate nicely.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 15 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity