Pours a clear, copper brown color with an off-white, foamy head. Aroma is earthy and malty, and a bit nutty. Some sweetness up front, with roasted malt, caramel, toffee, and nuts, which then transitions to a finish of earthy, grassy and piney hops. Much hoppier than most amber ales. There's also a spice kick on the back-end, like a rye ale might have. We were impressed with the varied flavors from start to finish - pretty impressive. The bitterness accumulates, but it's pleasant. Medium body and nicely carbonated. One of our go-to beers in the amber ale world, this is a nice barometer for the style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Chonk - Tropical Berry Blast Sundae Sour. 16 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Rve Coffee Stout - Mocha Hazelnut . 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to Founders. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to Pacific Northwest. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Derivative: El Dorado. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for 2nd Shift Brewing Kolsch. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity