Pours a clear, copper brown color with an off-white, foamy head. Aroma is earthy and malty, and a bit nutty. Some sweetness up front, with roasted malt, caramel, toffee, and nuts, which then transitions to a finish of earthy, grassy and piney hops. Much hoppier than most amber ales. There's also a spice kick on the back-end, like a rye ale might have. We were impressed with the varied flavors from start to finish - pretty impressive. The bitterness accumulates, but it's pleasant. Medium body and nicely carbonated. One of our go-to beers in the amber ale world, this is a nice barometer for the style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 13 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity