The 2017 vintage pours jet black in color. The head is creamy, one finger thick, tan colored, and thins to a nice film. Strong aroma of bourbon, brown sugar, and oak barrels. Taste is exceptionally smooth, with dark malt, milk chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, and bourbon. A touch of dark fruit, and lots of wood and oak flavors. The mouthfeel is silky and creamy. Full bodied with a 12.8% that is very warming, but goes down pretty easily. Overall this is a very nice BBA Imperial Stout. Well rounded and balanced – we held onto this for 3 years and it sure tastes fantastic now!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 42 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Sam Adams Pumpkin Batch. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Killer Lion Fresh Hop IPA. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Noche Dulce. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Young's Double Chocolate Stout. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Pulling Nails Blend #6. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lava Smoked Imperial Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity