Brewery:Shipyard Brewing Co.
Links:Shipyard Brewing Co. Website
Rating:What did you think of it? Never Tried It
Smashed Blueberry is a pretty universally appealing beer. A porter/scotch ale hybrid sounds strange at first but it's so... right. Pouring a dark brown to almost black, it builds significant white head that's gone quickly. There's no other way to describe the aroma other than it smells like fresh blueberries. You'd think with such a dominant aroma that the taste would follow, but it's surprisingly complex marked by chocolate with dark malts. It's medium bodied but does not taste heavy - it's fairly crisp and has a faint sweetness paired with the slight tartness of blueberries. It finishes with somewhat of a hop bitterness which partners well to take away any boozy undertones. For such a heavy hitting beer, it's light on its feet and delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Killer Lion Fresh Hop IPA. 2 hours ago
- Alexa and 1 other listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Karate Chimp. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to It's a Trappist!. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hazing Cane. 7 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Southern Resident Killer Whale IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Summer Beers 2022
Orval Trappist Ale
cantaloop Mar 10, 2016 at 3:06PM5 JUST DAMN GOOD!
Leave a Comment: