Smashed Blueberry is a pretty universally appealing beer. A porter/scotch ale hybrid sounds strange at first but it's so... right. Pouring a dark brown to almost black, it builds significant white head that's gone quickly. There's no other way to describe the aroma other than it smells like fresh blueberries. You'd think with such a dominant aroma that the taste would follow, but it's surprisingly complex marked by chocolate with dark malts. It's medium bodied but does not taste heavy - it's fairly crisp and has a faint sweetness paired with the slight tartness of blueberries. It finishes with somewhat of a hop bitterness which partners well to take away any boozy undertones. For such a heavy hitting beer, it's light on its feet and delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep listened to Strange Green Beer, Apical Dominance, 4/20 and more!. 54 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Seizoen. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Lagoon. 7 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Elevated Perspective (Version 5). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity