Piercing Pils is a little more of a vibrant golden color than a traditional pils and at 6.0% it's a bit higher in alcohol as well, standard M.O. for Dogfish Head. The aroma consists of bready malts mixed with a sweet pear aroma. The taste is similar to the smell with some corn flavors of a more traditional Czech pils paired with some very sweet over-ripe apple. The sweetness gives the body more depth and a thicker mouthfeel but takes away some of the refreshing crispness of the standard pils. The fruit element is that "something extra" that Dogfish Head never fails to provide.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 21 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- Alexa listened to San Diego Part 2. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity