Piercing Pils is a little more of a vibrant golden color than a traditional pils and at 6.0% it's a bit higher in alcohol as well, standard M.O. for Dogfish Head. The aroma consists of bready malts mixed with a sweet pear aroma. The taste is similar to the smell with some corn flavors of a more traditional Czech pils paired with some very sweet over-ripe apple. The sweetness gives the body more depth and a thicker mouthfeel but takes away some of the refreshing crispness of the standard pils. The fruit element is that "something extra" that Dogfish Head never fails to provide.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to Oktoberfestivus. 15 minutes ago
- ghost74 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dragging Anchors. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for La Morena. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Puesta del Sol. 5 hours ago
- budman1 listened to IPAs East and West. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity