Piercing Pils is a little more of a vibrant golden color than a traditional pils and at 6.0% it's a bit higher in alcohol as well, standard M.O. for Dogfish Head. The aroma consists of bready malts mixed with a sweet pear aroma. The taste is similar to the smell with some corn flavors of a more traditional Czech pils paired with some very sweet over-ripe apple. The sweetness gives the body more depth and a thicker mouthfeel but takes away some of the refreshing crispness of the standard pils. The fruit element is that "something extra" that Dogfish Head never fails to provide.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for More Dark Lager. 37 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to L.A. Beers. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for American Cheat Codes. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Lustro. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity