With Pachamama Porter, Evin Twin in collaboration with Two Roads Brewing brings us an experimental porter with a lot of non-standard ingredients including sweet potatoes, purple maize, and ajipanca chili peppers. It pours a dark brown, coca-cola color with some red highlights and a fairly thick, foamy tan head. The aroma is very reserved with only a slight bit of roasted malt smell with a touch of molasses. Despite the unusual ingredients, the flavor is typical of the style with dark roasted malts, coffee, and an earthy hop quality. The mouthfeel is dry with a chalky or powdery texture. The chili peppers are barely perceptible in the aftertaste after the 4th or 5th sip, and even then is reserved; a plus if you are not a fan of the heat.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 25 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Blind Ambition - Alchemic Ale Series. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for 5 O'Clock Pils. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Double Doors. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity