With Pachamama Porter, Evin Twin in collaboration with Two Roads Brewing brings us an experimental porter with a lot of non-standard ingredients including sweet potatoes, purple maize, and ajipanca chili peppers. It pours a dark brown, coca-cola color with some red highlights and a fairly thick, foamy tan head. The aroma is very reserved with only a slight bit of roasted malt smell with a touch of molasses. Despite the unusual ingredients, the flavor is typical of the style with dark roasted malts, coffee, and an earthy hop quality. The mouthfeel is dry with a chalky or powdery texture. The chili peppers are barely perceptible in the aftertaste after the 4th or 5th sip, and even then is reserved; a plus if you are not a fan of the heat.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to California Grab Bag. 41 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Belligerent Bloke. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Epic Barley Wine. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Son of Juice. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Founders Centennial IPA. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Stouterday Night Live. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity