With Pachamama Porter, Evin Twin in collaboration with Two Roads Brewing brings us an experimental porter with a lot of non-standard ingredients including sweet potatoes, purple maize, and ajipanca chili peppers. It pours a dark brown, coca-cola color with some red highlights and a fairly thick, foamy tan head. The aroma is very reserved with only a slight bit of roasted malt smell with a touch of molasses. Despite the unusual ingredients, the flavor is typical of the style with dark roasted malts, coffee, and an earthy hop quality. The mouthfeel is dry with a chalky or powdery texture. The chili peppers are barely perceptible in the aftertaste after the 4th or 5th sip, and even then is reserved; a plus if you are not a fan of the heat.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Hangar 24 Amarillo Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Head Full of Dynomite v.5. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Le Petit Diablotin. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Old Rasputin. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 7 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Tre Fontane Tripel Trappist Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap