Appearance is hazy, golden orange with two fingers of off-white, foamy head. Fantastic aroma of tropical fruit and melon. Taste follows the nose, with plenty of ripe fruit flavors like cantaloupe, mango, papaya, and peach, as well as some resinous pine. Soft, doughy malts that are mostly in the background. But there is an interesting flavor which is kind of sweet and smoky, unique for this style. Might be the Southern Passion hops used in this beer, which isn't something we've had before. Medium to full bodied with a slight syrupy texture and a juicy, sticky mouthfeel. There's a mild bitterness that shows up after a few sips, predominantly in the finish. Another solid DIPA from Anchorage Brewing Co.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Senor Saison. 13 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Happy Hops. 2 hours ago
- plarson listened to L.A. Beers. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Infinite Void Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Booming Rollers. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity