Appearance is hazy, golden orange with two fingers of off-white, foamy head. Fantastic aroma of tropical fruit and melon. Taste follows the nose, with plenty of ripe fruit flavors like cantaloupe, mango, papaya, and peach, as well as some resinous pine. Soft, doughy malts that are mostly in the background. But there is an interesting flavor which is kind of sweet and smoky, unique for this style. Might be the Southern Passion hops used in this beer, which isn't something we've had before. Medium to full bodied with a slight syrupy texture and a juicy, sticky mouthfeel. There's a mild bitterness that shows up after a few sips, predominantly in the finish. Another solid DIPA from Anchorage Brewing Co.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 1 minute ago
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Trade Bait. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity