Anchor's Merry Christmas Happy New Year has become the standard for winter ales. Both the label and the recipe differ slightly from year to year and the 2015 does not disappoint. There's some sweetness and spiciness as many have come to expect, but those seem to be a little more subtle this year. However, there seems to be more dark fruit flavors, perhaps some raisin. We also picked up on some earthy, piney notes, and both black licorice and black pepper. There's a lot of history and nostalgia with this beer and one we look forward to trying every year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Galactica IPA. 7 minutes ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 49 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stouting Match. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Feminist. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Oberon Ale. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: Master of Disguise. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity