Anchor's Merry Christmas Happy New Year has become the standard for winter ales. Both the label and the recipe differ slightly from year to year and the 2015 does not disappoint. There's some sweetness and spiciness as many have come to expect, but those seem to be a little more subtle this year. However, there seems to be more dark fruit flavors, perhaps some raisin. We also picked up on some earthy, piney notes, and both black licorice and black pepper. There's a lot of history and nostalgia with this beer and one we look forward to trying every year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Beer From Here: INW Lager. 11 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 37 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity