Legend of Ullr is a kettle-soured Porter that pours dark brown with an enormous khaki colored, bubbly head. There's a ton of sediment that circulates for several minutes in the glass before settling at the bottom. Aroma that has elements of both a brown ale and a sour ale. Taste follows the nose with a light sour flavor, couple with traditional porter flavors. Malt forward with caramel and brown sugar sweetness. Vanilla shows up late, especially as the beer warms. There's a bit of fruit, perhaps the peach and pear as noted on the bottle, but we'd also say dark fruit like cherry or blackberry. Light to medium body with a crisp, refreshing finish. Overall this is a super interesting beer and something we'd love to try again!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 34 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hang 'em High. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Maduro. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Chasing Nelson. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Filbert. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity