L.A. Gold is a collaboration between Highland Park Brewery and El Segundo Brewing Company as a "West Coast Kellerbier." It pours a mostly transparent, deep gold color. Head is white and foamy. Recedes quickly but leaves a lot of lacing. There's a continuous bubble stream from bottom to top. Aroma smells both crisp and hoppy. Taste is both refreshing and packed with flavor. Almost like an IPA but with a little more malt presence. Malts are grainy and bready with a nice bite. Hops are grassy and citrusy, with lemon and grapefruit coming to mind first. Mouthfeel is clean and crisp. Finishes dry with a long, bitter tail. Really interesting style with nice balance. With all these hops, it tastes more like and IPA than a lager, but fans of either style may want to check this out for something different.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Pterodactyl. 3 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for More Dark Lager. 42 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to L.A. Beers. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for American Cheat Codes. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Lustro. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity