L.A. Gold is a collaboration between Highland Park Brewery and El Segundo Brewing Company as a "West Coast Kellerbier." It pours a mostly transparent, deep gold color. Head is white and foamy. Recedes quickly but leaves a lot of lacing. There's a continuous bubble stream from bottom to top. Aroma smells both crisp and hoppy. Taste is both refreshing and packed with flavor. Almost like an IPA but with a little more malt presence. Malts are grainy and bready with a nice bite. Hops are grassy and citrusy, with lemon and grapefruit coming to mind first. Mouthfeel is clean and crisp. Finishes dry with a long, bitter tail. Really interesting style with nice balance. With all these hops, it tastes more like and IPA than a lager, but fans of either style may want to check this out for something different.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Killian's Irish Red. 50 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Time Traveller (2017). 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Prost Y'all - Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Ode etta Sahti. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for ber Affengeil. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Hop Streaker. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Beard Tax. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Jambi IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity