Island Brewing Company Blonde Ale
Color is light yellow and slightly opaque with a frothy white head that is long lasting before receding into a thin film. Aroma smells like Belgian yeast and wheat. Taste is malt up front, bready, almost Pilsner-like. But there are also some wheaty, Hefeweizen-like characteristics. Hops are floral in nature, but you can also taste the yeast, which has a Belgian feel to it. Light to medium body with a crisp and clean mouthfeel. Complex for a Blonde Ale as this pulls from a variety of styles. At times you think you're drinking a Pilsner, at others it's like a Hefeweizen. Either way, it's smooth, refreshing, and exactly what you want on a hot day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Redemption. 3 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Sanctification. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Le Jus. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to L.A. Beers. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity