Island Brewing Company Blonde Ale
Color is light yellow and slightly opaque with a frothy white head that is long lasting before receding into a thin film. Aroma smells like Belgian yeast and wheat. Taste is malt up front, bready, almost Pilsner-like. But there are also some wheaty, Hefeweizen-like characteristics. Hops are floral in nature, but you can also taste the yeast, which has a Belgian feel to it. Light to medium body with a crisp and clean mouthfeel. Complex for a Blonde Ale as this pulls from a variety of styles. At times you think you're drinking a Pilsner, at others it's like a Hefeweizen. Either way, it's smooth, refreshing, and exactly what you want on a hot day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Whimsy. 22 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Miscellanea Vol. 2. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Log Yard IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Worth the Squeeze IPA. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Triple Berry Shake. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Jersey Long Hots. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity