Island Brewing Company Blonde Ale
Color is light yellow and slightly opaque with a frothy white head that is long lasting before receding into a thin film. Aroma smells like Belgian yeast and wheat. Taste is malt up front, bready, almost Pilsner-like. But there are also some wheaty, Hefeweizen-like characteristics. Hops are floral in nature, but you can also taste the yeast, which has a Belgian feel to it. Light to medium body with a crisp and clean mouthfeel. Complex for a Blonde Ale as this pulls from a variety of styles. At times you think you're drinking a Pilsner, at others it's like a Hefeweizen. Either way, it's smooth, refreshing, and exactly what you want on a hot day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Fullerton Haze Hop Blend No. 6. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Logic Gate. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Crusher. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for American Sour (2015). 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Melvin IPA. 7 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity