Hop Whoopin' is the perfect name for this beer. It pours a fairly hazy amber color with two fingers of foamy white head. The aroma lulls you into a false sense of security with tropical fruit notes like mango and guava. Then the whoopin' is applied when you take your first sip. This beer in unapologetically bitter, with tons of resinous hops on top of a rye bread malt base. There is some grapefruit bitterness in the aftertaste with a little bit of black pepper. As any serious IPA drinker understands, sometimes you need to push the bitterness envelope. Hop Whoopin' delivers it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 23 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity