Dogtoberfest pours a clear, reddish amber color that is a bit darker than most of the other Marzen-style beers. It also has a large, foamy head that is supported by fine carbonation bubbles that rise up from the bottom of the glass. Inviting aroma with a nice hop and malt balance. On the taste, this has a bit more hops than we usually find in this style, with an earthy and floral taste as well as a touch of bitterness. Toasted and caramel malt as you would expect, but it’s not overly sweet. Medium body with a clean finish. While this definitely has an American feel, there are some similarities to the more traditional German beers. But the hops and pleasant bitterness are what really differentiate this one from most of the Oktoberfest beers.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 8 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stouting Match. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Feminist. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Oberon Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: Master of Disguise. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to L.A. Beers. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity