This Biere de Garde is a piece de resistance. First of all, the bottle itself is impressive: the black ceramic swing top bottle with the artwork on the front just looks old school cool. On the pour, the beer dribbles out of the narrow neck to glug its way into your glass. It's a light coppery color with medium carbonation and a significant cream colored, coarse bubbled head. The aroma is very sweet with a strong honey fragrance, and malt bringing up the rear. The flavor is super complex and pleasant, with honey and peach dancing on your tongue, fighting for top billing. It has a crisp finish as the honey/peach waltz abruptly ceases and bows out to leave a faint and satisfying bitter finish that flickers for half a second, then disappears. All in all, it's a delicious beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Fields of Green: Crosby Comet. 12 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Universal Secret. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Wolf Mother Triple IPA. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to San Diego Part 1. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 805 Cerveza. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Oberon Ale. 6 hours ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity