Appearance is non-transparent, orangish amber, almost like a dull, rust color. There’s a good amount of visible sediment that is suspended evenly throughout the beer. Thin, ½ finger, wispy, off-white head that dissipates quickly. Huge aroma, with oak barrel notes, some Brett funk, and lots of fruit. The taste is quite good, with apple, apricot, guava, and cherry. We also get some spice flavors of cinnamon and clove. The wood and barrel-aging flavors are present, but there’s not as much of the farmhouse funk or yeast that we found in the aroma. Medium body and light carbonation that results in a silky, slick mouthfeel. Overall, this reminds us of a beer version of a brandy-spiked apple cider and it’s really delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Seizoen. 16 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Senor Saison. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Happy Hops. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Infinite Void Imperial Stout. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity