Appearance is non-transparent, orangish amber, almost like a dull, rust color. There’s a good amount of visible sediment that is suspended evenly throughout the beer. Thin, ½ finger, wispy, off-white head that dissipates quickly. Huge aroma, with oak barrel notes, some Brett funk, and lots of fruit. The taste is quite good, with apple, apricot, guava, and cherry. We also get some spice flavors of cinnamon and clove. The wood and barrel-aging flavors are present, but there’s not as much of the farmhouse funk or yeast that we found in the aroma. Medium body and light carbonation that results in a silky, slick mouthfeel. Overall, this reminds us of a beer version of a brandy-spiked apple cider and it’s really delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 3 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity