Appearance is non-transparent, orangish amber, almost like a dull, rust color. There’s a good amount of visible sediment that is suspended evenly throughout the beer. Thin, ½ finger, wispy, off-white head that dissipates quickly. Huge aroma, with oak barrel notes, some Brett funk, and lots of fruit. The taste is quite good, with apple, apricot, guava, and cherry. We also get some spice flavors of cinnamon and clove. The wood and barrel-aging flavors are present, but there’s not as much of the farmhouse funk or yeast that we found in the aroma. Medium body and light carbonation that results in a silky, slick mouthfeel. Overall, this reminds us of a beer version of a brandy-spiked apple cider and it’s really delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Dark Doppelbock. 45 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Flocculative Tendencies. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Cougar. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Buddy Black Rye IPA. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Booming Rollers. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to LA LA Land. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Pacific Northwest. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity