RFA is unlike anything we've ever tasted before. The official description characterizes it as malty, but that doesn't quite paint the full picture. The color is a reddish brown, very cloudy appearance, and it has a thick, coarse white head that goes away pretty quickly. The aroma is hard to pin down but smells of slight funk, dried fruits, and maybe some fig. It appears to be very carbonated but you don't get a lot on the tongue and the mouthfeel is surprisingly heavy. On the flavor, it's got more funk than the late 70's. It is mildly sweet with a maltiness that is nearly undetectable underneath the other flavors. There's an acidic, abrasive finish that negates everything but the sour. One thing is for certain, this is a strange brew!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 49 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 7 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity