St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Seizoen. 18 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Senor Saison. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Happy Hops. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Infinite Void Imperial Stout. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity