A melding of two styles, Mocha IPA brings the attributes of a coffee stout and an IPA together in one beer. It achieves this on the pour, a dark amber color that is dark for an IPA but light for a stout and a cream colored head that could be found with either style. The aroma leans more to the stout side with strong cold-brewed smells with only the slightest amount of hops. The taste is much more balanced with moderate citrus hops that are counterbalanced by earthy coffee and cocoa flavors. Despite the very strong flavors in this beer, they have managed to keep a medium body and very little alcohol burn at 8%. It is surprising how well these two very different styles of beer pair together.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Hoosier Red. 3 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Aphotic. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for City Wide. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Beaver State Brews. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Capital Brewery Oktoberfest. 6 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 and 1 other added a rating for Lizard King. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity