A melding of two styles, Mocha IPA brings the attributes of a coffee stout and an IPA together in one beer. It achieves this on the pour, a dark amber color that is dark for an IPA but light for a stout and a cream colored head that could be found with either style. The aroma leans more to the stout side with strong cold-brewed smells with only the slightest amount of hops. The taste is much more balanced with moderate citrus hops that are counterbalanced by earthy coffee and cocoa flavors. Despite the very strong flavors in this beer, they have managed to keep a medium body and very little alcohol burn at 8%. It is surprising how well these two very different styles of beer pair together.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Palo Santo Marron. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Time Crystals #5. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Get Back to Wort!. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Champs de Fraises
Davy Brown Ale