Appearance is dark brown, nearly black in color with a thin, brown, wispy head. Strong aroma dominated by the cinnamon and cocoa nibs. Taste is malt forward as you would expect for this style, with milk chocolate and roasted coffee flavors. Then some flavors of bourbon, oak, and vanilla. Light, earthy hoppiness with an accumulating molasses-like sweetness. The cinnamon spice provides a nice uniqueness in the flavor. It's front and center, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Mouthfeel is slick, velvety, and warming. The 13% is manageable, but this is still a big, bold, Russian Imperial Stout. Enjoyable now, but certainly worth aging for a couple years as well!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 8 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Sweet Baby Jesus. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Hogwaller Scramble. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Pacific Kolsch Highway. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for S'Mores. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Pacific Northwest. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity