This year’s Oktoberfest was made in collaboration with Bitburger Brewery in Germany. The color is medium amber, which is seemingly redder in color than previous years. Aroma is classically German with a malty taste from the start. Grainy, caramel malt flavors, with perfect carbonation. But there’s a unique taste, and there’s a clear, traditional Sierra Nevada contribution. It’s not overly sweet, but we get some apple and brandy flavors that establish a complexity that we don’t often see in this style. Perhaps our favorite seasonal beer, with this year’s combination of Bitbuger’s custom yeast and a secret hop blend called Siegelhopfen, this is one spectacular beer. Prost!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Porter. 11 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Equinox Ale. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Two Hearted Ale. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Patterns Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Olympia Beer. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Benchmark Brewing Co. IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity