This year’s Oktoberfest was made in collaboration with Bitburger Brewery in Germany. The color is medium amber, which is seemingly redder in color than previous years. Aroma is classically German with a malty taste from the start. Grainy, caramel malt flavors, with perfect carbonation. But there’s a unique taste, and there’s a clear, traditional Sierra Nevada contribution. It’s not overly sweet, but we get some apple and brandy flavors that establish a complexity that we don’t often see in this style. Perhaps our favorite seasonal beer, with this year’s combination of Bitbuger’s custom yeast and a secret hop blend called Siegelhopfen, this is one spectacular beer. Prost!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 listened to California Golden Beers. 36 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Tropical Mist. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Double Doors. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for 8 Second Kolsch. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Temptation. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for 805. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity