New Belgium has brewed this beer in collaboration with 3 Floyds from Munster, Indiana. Gratzer is a long-buried Polish style of beer that they have unearthed for part of their Lips of Faith series. This is one of the darkest beers we have ever seen and lets almost no light through. It has a strong, smoky smell. On the sip, the beer has a lighter mouthfeel but a substantial smokiness on the initial taste. There is a slight sourness in the second phase and then a hint of sweetness in the aftertaste. There is a cigar flavor here and would pair well with smoked meats. This is not the strangest beer we have encountered in this series, but it was definitely interesting to try a style of beer from the past.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for 20th Anniversary Ale. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 listened to 100th Episode!. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Sowing the Sun. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Wells Banana Bread Beer. 4 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Flyover Country. 6 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 7 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Chimay Cent Cinquante (Green). 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity