How has this not yet been the Beer of the Day? As the very first beer we had from Melvin Brewing Company, 2x4 immediately catapulted itself up the ranks of the Double IPA category. It pours a super clear, golden color with a thick, off-white foamy head. Aroma is fresh and dank with melon and tropical fruit. Hop forward taste of tropical fruit, pine, and melon. This is a hop lover’s delight, although there is an abundance of malty sweetness on the back end. Mouthfeel is slick and juicy with just a tad amount of citrus bitterness. At 9.9% ABV this is a big, bold, beer, but it’s still remarkably drinkable. Finishes with a lingering sweetness and the temptation for another can.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Petite Sour Reserva Cassis. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for State of Haze. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Intensely Juicy Dank Beautiful (Copy & Paste). 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to IPAs East and West. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for PranQster. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 and 1 other listened to Get Back to Wort!. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Wynona's Big Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity