As the very first beer we ever had from Melvin Brewing Company, 2x4 immediately catapulted itself up the ranks of the Double IPA category. It pours a super clear, golden color with a thick, off-white foamy head. Aroma is fresh and dank with melon and tropical fruit. Hop forward taste of tropical fruit, pine, and melon. This is a hop lover's delight, although there is an abundance of malty sweetness on the back end. Mouthfeel is slick and juicy with just a tad amount of citrus bitterness. At 9.9% ABV this is a big, bold, beer, but it's still remarkably drinkable. Finishes with a lingering sweetness and the temptation for another can.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 5 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to Beaver State Brews. 51 minutes ago
- SuzyQ commented on beer General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- SuzyQ added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Finial Double IPA. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 6. 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity