As the very first beer we ever had from Melvin Brewing Company, 2x4 immediately catapulted itself up the ranks of the Double IPA category. It pours a super clear, golden color with a thick, off-white foamy head. Aroma is fresh and dank with melon and tropical fruit. Hop forward taste of tropical fruit, pine, and melon. This is a hop lover's delight, although there is an abundance of malty sweetness on the back end. Mouthfeel is slick and juicy with just a tad amount of citrus bitterness. At 9.9% ABV this is a big, bold, beer, but it's still remarkably drinkable. Finishes with a lingering sweetness and the temptation for another can.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 17 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Achel 8 Blond. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Betty IPA. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Oskar Blues IPA. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Chau Tien Pale Ale. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for The Patsy. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity