As the very first beer we ever had from Melvin Brewing Company, 2x4 immediately catapulted itself up the ranks of the Double IPA category. It pours a super clear, golden color with a thick, off-white foamy head. Aroma is fresh and dank with melon and tropical fruit. Hop forward taste of tropical fruit, pine, and melon. This is a hop lover's delight, although there is an abundance of malty sweetness on the back end. Mouthfeel is slick and juicy with just a tad amount of citrus bitterness. At 9.9% ABV this is a big, bold, beer, but it's still remarkably drinkable. Finishes with a lingering sweetness and the temptation for another can.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis listened to Seattle Show. 24 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Stone Go To IPA. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Tulsa Twister. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Eastbound and Downed. 3 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Pacific Northwest. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Lupulin River. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Dale's Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity