Bitter Valentine pours a deep gold or light amber color. It's fairly clear but not entirely transparent. Head is off-white, creamy and fluffy, with good retention and plenty of lacing. Aroma is hoppy and dank with citrus and pine. That carries over to the flavor, where the resinous pine and citrus take center stage. There's support from the bready malts that turn to a brown sugar and honey sweetness, which combined provide a nice balance to the hops. It's not all that bitter, despite the name, but the bitterness does seem to accumulate in the finish. Mouthfeel is creamy with a medium body. Finishes smooth with a nice mix between the citrus bitterness and malt sweetness. We're not bitter-Happy Valentine's Day from our crew to yours!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 1 minute ago
- ghost74 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 43 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale). 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bright. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to Ho Ho Holly Jolly Christmas Beers. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Vanishing Point Pale Ale. 5 hours ago
- budman1 and 1 other added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dankosaurus IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity