Family Values pours dark brown to near black with a small ruby jewel and little to no off white head. It smells very roasty and chocolatey, with notes of coffee and bready yeast. The mouthfeel is excellent, very creamy and medium mouthfeel with good carbonation. It's definitely different for a brown ale, but that's not a bad thing. It tastes of chocolate malt with heavy notes of cocoa honey, bread and some earthy tones that finishes slightly bitter after the sweet. You can tell it's packing a bit of an ABV punch, but it's well balanced enough to be enjoyable. It's got a lot going on, but this complex beer is a unique one you should seek out.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to Oktoberfestivus. 20 minutes ago
- ghost74 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dragging Anchors. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for La Morena. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Puesta del Sol. 6 hours ago
- budman1 listened to IPAs East and West. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity