Family Values pours dark brown to near black with a small ruby jewel and little to no off white head. It smells very roasty and chocolatey, with notes of coffee and bready yeast. The mouthfeel is excellent, very creamy and medium mouthfeel with good carbonation. It's definitely different for a brown ale, but that's not a bad thing. It tastes of chocolate malt with heavy notes of cocoa honey, bread and some earthy tones that finishes slightly bitter after the sweet. You can tell it's packing a bit of an ABV punch, but it's well balanced enough to be enjoyable. It's got a lot going on, but this complex beer is a unique one you should seek out.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 11 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Imperial Golden Nugget. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Holy Hermit. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Upslope Pumpkin Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Ginnepin Saison Ale. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Biere de Mars. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Dark Island. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Zombie Dust. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity