Family Values pours dark brown to near black with a small ruby jewel and little to no off white head. It smells very roasty and chocolatey, with notes of coffee and bready yeast. The mouthfeel is excellent, very creamy and medium mouthfeel with good carbonation. It's definitely different for a brown ale, but that's not a bad thing. It tastes of chocolate malt with heavy notes of cocoa honey, bread and some earthy tones that finishes slightly bitter after the sweet. You can tell it's packing a bit of an ABV punch, but it's well balanced enough to be enjoyable. It's got a lot going on, but this complex beer is a unique one you should seek out.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 29 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Trade Bait. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity