Whale Bay is a collaboration between Alvarado Street Brewery and Burgeon Beer Co. pours an extremely clear deep gold color. We don’t think an IPA can get any clearer than this. 1½ fingers of white, bubbly head. We get a few ascending carbonation bubbles. Aroma is hoppy and a bit dank, with an unmistakable New Zealand hop nose. Taste has more of those New Zealand hops up front, with white grape, green apple, melon, and berry. Pure West Coast style, with a nice bitterness. Mouthfeel is crisp and clean. Finish is very long with some grapefruit bitterness. A delicious collaboration from two fantastic California breweries.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 16 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Kirin Ichiban. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Family Values. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Rise Up. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Bitter Valentine. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity