Whale Bay is a collaboration between Alvarado Street Brewery and Burgeon Beer Co. pours an extremely clear deep gold color. We don’t think an IPA can get any clearer than this. 1½ fingers of white, bubbly head. We get a few ascending carbonation bubbles. Aroma is hoppy and a bit dank, with an unmistakable New Zealand hop nose. Taste has more of those New Zealand hops up front, with white grape, green apple, melon, and berry. Pure West Coast style, with a nice bitterness. Mouthfeel is crisp and clean. Finish is very long with some grapefruit bitterness. A delicious collaboration from two fantastic California breweries.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Monkey Knife Fight. 11 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 and 1 other listened to The Dark and the Pale. 51 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Galaxy Park. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Category 5 IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Neverending Haze IPA. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Space Needle Golden IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity