Whale Bay is a collaboration between Alvarado Street Brewery and Burgeon Beer Co. pours an extremely clear deep gold color. We don’t think an IPA can get any clearer than this. 1½ fingers of white, bubbly head. We get a few ascending carbonation bubbles. Aroma is hoppy and a bit dank, with an unmistakable New Zealand hop nose. Taste has more of those New Zealand hops up front, with white grape, green apple, melon, and berry. Pure West Coast style, with a nice bitterness. Mouthfeel is crisp and clean. Finish is very long with some grapefruit bitterness. A delicious collaboration from two fantastic California breweries.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 41 minutes ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stouting Match. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Feminist. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Oberon Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: Master of Disguise. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to L.A. Beers. 7 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Oktober Fuel. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity