Mai Tai PA pours a mostly clear, golden color with two fingers of white, soapy head. Aroma is hoppy with a West Coast-style coming through. On the taste, we find lots of hops with citrus, berry, and tropical fruit. Biscuity malts, with dry carbonation and a medium body. Light but accumulating bitterness, and a mouthfeel that is smooth and dangerously drinkable. This is an excellent beer. Not what we expected as we don’t pick up on any Mai Tai characteristics, nor is this what we envision when a beer is labeled as a Tropical IPA. This is more of a West Coast–style IPA and one that we would seek out again!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 39 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Jacaranda. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Spectral Evidence. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Fantasy Factory. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Saint Archer IPA. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Brickstone Brewery American Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Two Beers Fresh Hop 2016. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity