Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Texas's oldest craft brewery, Saint Arnold's Anniversary Ale is an english-style barleywine that epitomizes the style. It pours a dark copper color with a creamy head that presents itself only when the beer is poured or swirled and then dissipates. This is a very malt-forward beer with tons of caramel sweetness and a salt-water taffy flavor. This is balanced by an earthy barley quality and a present but severely understated 11.2% ABV. This beer has plenty of bold barleywine qualities and yet retains a measure of restraint and balance, a kind of wisdom that comes with age and experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson listened to What's My Name Again?. 8 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Mountain Haze. 52 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Venture Maine IPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 6. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Fields of Green: Crosby Comet. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Pay it Forward Cocoa Porter. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Old Chub Scotch Ale. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Joe IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
From The Heart