Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Texas's oldest craft brewery, Saint Arnold's Anniversary Ale is an english-style barleywine that epitomizes the style. It pours a dark copper color with a creamy head that presents itself only when the beer is poured or swirled and then dissipates. This is a very malt-forward beer with tons of caramel sweetness and a salt-water taffy flavor. This is balanced by an earthy barley quality and a present but severely understated 11.2% ABV. This beer has plenty of bold barleywine qualities and yet retains a measure of restraint and balance, a kind of wisdom that comes with age and experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 20 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity