With Sac Fly-PA, Knee Deep takes Sacramento Triple-A baseball and a catchy play on words and affixes it to a really solid standard West Coast IPA. It pours a perfectly crystal clear, slightly amber, straw color, reminiscent of an Oktoberfest beer. It is not overly carbonated, but a consistent sparse stream of tiny bubbles flows from the bottom to the top of the glass. The head is thick, but not very dense, sort of like large soapy bath bubbles. The aroma pairs grassy and piney CTZ hops with the traditional Knee Deep grainy malts. The flavor takes a West Coast approach, favoring bitterness over sweetness. There is a complex maltiness featuring bread flavors of rye and sourdough. The malt side plays a major role and works toward balancing the hops. It finishes fairly dry which causes anticipation for the next sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Edge of Mysteries: DDH Mosaic. 58 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for The Pupil. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Infinite Wishes 2017. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Boss Pour. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Donner Party Porter. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blue Bridge Coffee Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity