With Sac Fly-PA, Knee Deep takes Sacramento Triple-A baseball and a catchy play on words and affixes it to a really solid standard West Coast IPA. It pours a perfectly crystal clear, slightly amber, straw color, reminiscent of an Oktoberfest beer. It is not overly carbonated, but a consistent sparse stream of tiny bubbles flows from the bottom to the top of the glass. The head is thick, but not very dense, sort of like large soapy bath bubbles. The aroma pairs grassy and piney CTZ hops with the traditional Knee Deep grainy malts. The flavor takes a West Coast approach, favoring bitterness over sweetness. There is a complex maltiness featuring bread flavors of rye and sourdough. The malt side plays a major role and works toward balancing the hops. It finishes fairly dry which causes anticipation for the next sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 1 minute ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Storms of Saturn. 56 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for StereoHopic IPA Vol. 1. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for To The Trees. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Sea Lion Sour. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Summer Solstice. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Galactica IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity