Whoa. Victory at Sea will put some hair on your chest. It's a big beer with a big flavor profile, and ain't for the faint-hearted! It pours dark, dark brown with a significant coarse brown head. It barely lets a sliver of light through which gives it a tiny ruby jewel on a bright day. The aroma punches your nostrils with acidity, coffee and alcohol. The flavor follows with a very coffee/bitter forward that isn't quite balanced out by the hint of vanilla. At 60 IBU, it's packing more bitterness than most porters. It lays medium bodied on your tongue although there's a syrupy quality that makes it linger with the slight burn of alcohol and a dry finish. It seems more stoutish than porterish, but either way it's not a beer to be trifled with.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Ninja vs. Unicorn. 26 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 listened to California Golden Beers. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Tropical Mist. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Double Doors. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for 8 Second Kolsch. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Temptation. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity